GLOBALG.A.P. is a private voluntary certification program, with the international recognition of G.A.P. (Good Agricultural Practices). Its objective is to increase consumer’s trust by showing the farmer’s commitment on food safety and sustainability. This certification is a tool to open and maintain markets.
GLOBALG.A.P. comprises mainly the following aspects: product traceability, production techniques (controlled use of chemicals), protection of the environment, health (no chemical, physical or biological contamination) and social issues (adequate working environment).
It has a modular format with integrates the production system from the farm until the product is sold.
What are the advantages?
- Guarantees traceability of products enabling consumers to know their origin.
- Shows commitment of producers with healthy, safe food production and sustainability.
- Improves farmer’s management by applying quality processes.
- Enables the product access to the most demanding markets.
- Creates bonds of trust with customers.
Who can apply to this certification?
Producers of animal and/or vegetal products.
Among the scopes covered by this protocol, OIA certifies the following production modules: fruits & vegetables and bulk crops.
How is GLOBALG.A.P.’s certification process?
- The process starts when the producer introduces to OIA the project to be certified.
- After the certification request and signature of contract between OIA and the customer, there is an exchange of documents and information as required by the certification program.
- After the inspection, an inspection report is made and there may or may not appear non-compliances. The customer is certified after a positive report without non-compliances.
- Then, the cycle restarts for supervision.